Earlham College is a nationally-recognized liberal arts college known for its challenging academics, global engagement, social concern and commitment to helping students plan lives of purpose and success.
- 23,000 reported hours of community service by Earlham students
- 13,000 reported hours of volunteer service and leadership shared by faculty and staff
- 60 Bonner Scholars actively involved in service each year
- 70 local-community service agencies supported by Earlham volunteerism
- More than 50 years of study abroad programs
- 20+ semester, year and May Term off-campus programs
- 70% of graduates participate in off-campus study
- Ranked 29th (in the 98th percentile) among 1,533 institutions of higher learning in the U.S. in the percentage of graduates who go on to receive Ph.D.s.
- Between 1992 and 2006, 10% of graduates went on to earn Ph.D.s.
- Among the 2009 graduates who pursued graduate study, 90% are attending one of their top three choices of graduate or professional schools.
- 16 varsity sports
- 6 intercollegiate club sports
- Compete in NCAA Division III, in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference
- 30% of students play on intercollegiate teams
- 50% of students participate in recreational sports
- Located in Richmond, Indiana, named an All-America City in 2009
- 800-acre campus, including 600-acre stretch of woods, streams, ponds, old fields and prairie used for scientific research and recreation. Additional College areas include an old growth forest and rock preserve.
- Libraries with extensive holdings and online resources
- 8 residence halls and 20+ theme and friendship houses
Earlham is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the Great Lakes Colleges Association.
Directory of Consumer Info
In accordance with federal regulations described in the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, Earlham has posted a listing of consumer information that must be available to all students at Earlham College. Each topic links to the necessary information.